Jonny Quest DVD Audio Deficiencies
By Craig Fuqua
The set of "Jonny Quest" stories released by Warner Entertainment has a lot
to recommend it. Although this list concentrates on the negative aspects of the
set, it is not intended to discourage people from buying the disks. Nor should
it serve as justification for illegally copying the disks. In short: Buy the
That said, here are the most noticeable DVD deficiencies:
- Series creator Doug Wildey is not credited on 25 of the 26 episodes because
the end credits for "Pursuit of the Po-Ho" are used on all the stories except
"Double Danger." For reasons unknown, Wildey never received a credit on "Po-Ho."
Original Credits for All 26
- The end credits on the DVD copy of "Double Danger" are actually from "The
Curse of Anubis."
- Dialog from "Pursuit of the Po-Ho" and "Monster in the Monastery" was
intentionally removed from the DVD set. DVD Audio
- The "art card" showing the series title, "Jonny Quest," isn't used. The "Jonny Quest" Art Card
- The opening credits, aka main titles, are a hybrid of the two versions of
the main credits used during the show's original run on ABC. Versions of the Main
Jonny Quest and distinctive likenesses © Hanna-Barbera.
All other images, image designs and other image work on this site are
© ClassicJQ.com, © Hanna-Barbera or as
noted. Text content is © ClassicJQ.com, except where noted otherwise,
and may not be shared or re-published without the consent of the author.
This is strictly a fan-based site, and is in no way
affiliated with or approved by Hanna-Barbera or any other
organizations, unless specifically indicated otherwise.